Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weight loss!

After months of avoiding the scale because weighing myself just pissed me off, I finally hopped on it again this morning.  And......I'm only 2 pounds away from my pre-marathon weight, when my body was functioning normally.  Success!

Part of me is a still a bit confused by the weight loss.  Since I had sprained my ankles a month (and two) ago, I haven't been able to be as active as I was before.  So with the constant "calories in = calories out" model of weight loss drumming in my head, it baffles that I'm losing weight now when a year ago I was working out much more but was unable to shed any weight at all.

On a logical level, I know it's because my metabolism was messed up then, and the "calories out" part of the equation just wasn't working.  But it's hard to get used to your body, something you live with every day, just up and working differently.  It's like if one day you learned that all the speed limits have been raised by 10 mph.  It takes you a while to get used to, and you find yourself driving near the old speed limit every so often.  But maybe that analogy only works because I'm Asian.

I believe part of it may be the gluten-free diet, and much of it is the levothyroxine kicking in.  But there's still that little part in my head saying I'm cheating. Way to turn something good into something crazy, right? 

1 comment:

Violeta Corona said...

I have just finished up my sixth week of desiccated porcine thyroid health capsules and this is also the sixth week of being off Synthroid and I’m very happy to say porcine works! I had laboratory work done yesterday and my levels are exactly where they should be. I cannot thank this supplement enough for giving me my life back after two years of being on a synthetic drug and its awful side affects.