Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm afraid I look like a douche

So  few weeks ago I finally did it.  I installed the clip-on aero bars I got for Christmas onto my bike.  And have promptly discovered 3 main issues with the:

  1. I have no idea how to use aero bars.  I have a confession.  I don't even go down into the drops very often because I feel less in control.  So why I thought aero-bars would be a great idea, I don't know.
  2. I'm pretty sure I installed them wrong.  Why go through the effort of googling how to do it right when I'm not going to really be using them anyway?
  3. I have a really small bike.  As in child sized road bike.  44 cm.  as you can imagine, there isn't much room on the handlebar for the bars and my cycling computer.  So right now, until the company I ordered my computer bracket from finally gets my order right, my cycling computer is duct taped to my stem.
So when I'm out riding, I feel like an idiot.  I have these aero-bars which bespeak of speed and skill that I do not have.  Hopefully the duct taped cycling computer counteracts the whole aerobar thing, but I'm going to guess it doesn't.

No comments: