Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Race for the Cure

It was nice to do a simple 5K again.  I've done Race for the Cure  every year since 2004.  Despite the crazy crowds, the lack of timing chips, and the huge pain it is to get there in traffic, I will always come back.  It was the first race I'd ever done.  This was the race that gave me the running bug; the jumping point for all of my triathlons.  So as a result, it will always have a fond place in my heart.

That said, I do wish to bitch for a moment.  I know this may be against the spirit of the race, but why, for the love of everything good, do people who plan to walk the race start on the Run side??  The race is split down the road for a reason!  And furthermore, if you're going to walk on the run side, why would you start at the front of a mass of tens of thousands of runners? Every year this happens.  I realize that a lot of people aren't veteran at this whole racing thing and have no idea what "seeding oneself" even means, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this is a really dumbass idea.

But yeah...breast cancer and hope and all that.

1 comment:

Dolly Jackson said...

Thyroid hormone supplements are usually comprised of only natural ingredients that rarely ever cause unusual or problematic side effects. They are cheap, which is another great benefit compared to prescription drugs.